I believe that WordPress is the best foundation for a website or blog. It has a high level of support, it's very flexible and it's free.
If you would like to build a WordPress site or you have one already set up but you would like to understand how to use it better, then my online course could be the right choice for you.
This course is perfect for anyone who is thinking of starting a website using WordPress. Whether you are using a developer or want to build it yourself, this course gives you the information you need to understand how WordPress works. Besides the basic set up, Alison covers what needs to be done to ensure a secure, user and SEO friendly, attractive site.
I’ve taken several courses from Alison and I’m sure I will take more in the future. In all her courses, including Let’s Work WordPress, Alison presents the material in a logical, step by step format, supported by engaging visuals and checklists specific to each week’s content. The materials are always available online, so you can use them as a tutorial as you take each step to build your website. The Facebook page is also a great resource for asking questions and sharing insights with other Let’s Work WordPress students.
What Are The Requirements to Join The Course?
You will need a domain name and hosting with WordPress installed on it. This is a very easy process and your hosting company will be able to walk you through it. Anyone who signs up for the course will receive information on who I use for hosting and how to go about getting set up, however you can of course select any hosting company you wish.
If you already have WordPress set up on a site then this course will also show you how to make the most of it and use it to best effect while ensuring you stay secure. If you currently rely on a developer to make changes to your site then this could also save you time and money.
What Will We Cover?
It's an online course on my custom platform packed with short high definition videos which walk you step-by-step through the areas below. In addition you can ask questions in our private Facebook group and I will be checking in daily with both to provide additional support. This is where you can get one-to-one guidance and troubleshooting.
- Choosing a host and domain name
- Overview of the WordPress dashboard
- Adding users
- Installing plugins
- Walk through of settings
- Backups & security
- Installing a theme
- Customizing your site
- Changing your header
- Adding social media buttons
- Widget areas explained
- Designing a great homepage
- Designing the sidebar
- Adding linked clickable images to your site
- Using footer & after entry widgets
- Categories & tags explained
- Creating a great bio for your site
- Website structure
- Creating posts and pages
- Dos and don'ts for the media library
- Creating menus, including custom menus
- Blogs vs static sites
- Tips for making your site search engine friendly
- Creating a favicon
- Avoiding spam in comments & email
- Integrating your newsletter
- Encouraging people to sign up to your newsletter
- Creating sales pages
- Using SEO Plugins
- Adding a sitemap
- Webmaster tools
- Google & Clicky analytics
- Backlinks & internal linking
- Taking your site foward
- An introduction to simple easy to understand html
- Using e-commerce plugins
- Additional ad hoc plugins which can improve functionality
- Adding an RSS feed
- Search engine ranking
- WordPress troubleshooting
- Website promotion
In a skills-test my top ability came out as empathy and I understand what it's like to be at the beginning of a learning curve with WordPress as I am self-taught. Plus I have been both a teacher and an HR Manager so I am SUPER patient! This makes me a great person to guide you through the process.
The huge benefit for those who join this course is that you can ask me questions as you progress through the course. I will also be offering regular live webinars where you can get help on the call and where I can screen-share to show you the solution live. If you are looking to explore the world of WordPress, or grow your existing WordPress skills, in a supportive environment then this is the course for you.
Benefits of the Course
- Online access to our dedicated course platform where you can work through all 6 modules plus our bonus section as quickly or as slowly as you wish.
- Lifetime access to the course and to any future updates. I will be regularly adding new information about WordPress changes, new plugins and top tips etc.
- Support in our private Facebook group where you can ask questions if you get stuck along the way - I will be checking in daily so it will be rare that you go longer than 24 hours without an answer.
- The course will walk you through the complete process of setting up a WordPress website (this is a self-hosted WordPress website, built on your own domain, not one on the WordPress.com platform). By the end of the course you will have learnt all the steps necessary to have a WordPress website set up (including a blog if you wish).
- If you already have a WordPress website or currently rely on a developer to make changes this course will allow you to understand how to make changes yourself, thereby saving you time and money.
- Regular live Q&A webinars where you can ask questions direct via chat.
Ready To Join Me?
The course is now live and you can enrol by clicking the button below and making payment via Paypal. You will immediately be sent access to the course and to our dedicated Facebook group. I look forward to you joining me. Let's Work WordPress Together!
LIMITED TIME OFFER - BUY TODAY