Whether you sell products or services you need to get eyes on what you offer. One of the best – and cheapest – ways to do this is through blogging.
Let’s look at 5 reasons a blog is so important for your business.
1. Your Blog Builds Trust With Your Audience: A blog allows you to build a relationship with your audience. You are providing them with valuable content and that builds trust, so people are more likely to purchase from you. It also gives you the opportunity to share more of the authentic you – and what do people buy? It’s not just the item or service, it’s the story and the person behind it.
2. A Blog is Your Online Real Estate: Social media is important to promote your business but ultimately you don’t own your Facebook page or Twitter profile and if Facebook or any of the other social media platforms decided to change the rules about what you can do there, or even took the site down, all your info would be lost. While that’s not likely you only have to think of MySpace and also the algorithm changes that go on all the time to know that changes happen. That’s not to frighten you off social media, it’s still very important to drive traffic, but it’s essential to have web property you own. Social media is there to bring traffic back to your blog.
3. Search Engine Optimisation or SEO: A blog is regularly updated and this gives you a boost in the search engines, as above all, search engines love fresh, regularly updated content. I won’t dwell in huge detail on why it is important to rank well in Google, Yahoo, Bing et al but suffice to say that the better you rank, the more chance there is that people will see your business and ultimately purchase from you. Not only that, but when you blog the words you use are basically ‘keywords’ and it’s these that help you get found in the search engines.
4. A Blog Allows You to Network. You can link to other bloggers, comment on other blogs with a link back to your own and even participate in blog hops, guest posts, interviews and the like. You will meet some wonderful people along the way, people who are more than willing to help you out and share what you have to offer.
5. Blogging is fun. Not only do you get to write about your passion but you get to interact with a whole bunch of great people and to share your wonderful work, it doesn’t get much better than that.
If you have a blog and want to pick up my guide to 30 inventive blog post ideas then you can do so at this link.
If you don’t have a blog live yet and don’t want to deal with all the technical hassle of getting one live then take a look at my website/blog building options, currently half price.
Free eBook - Your Instagram Plan
Instagram has a massive potential for building your audience, plus you can connect with new people through the use of hashtags. If you want to take advantage of Instagram for marketing your business, this Ebook has the lowdown.