Today I wanted to create a round-up for you of 10 of the tools I use every day in my business. Some are paid (usually with a low cost monthly option), many are free and all help me to save time, lower my stress levels and increase my productivity. Browse the list, it is in no particular order, as there may just be something helpful for you too.
1. Genesis Themes: I build all my websites on WordPress.org, and I don’t think it can be beaten for flexibility and ease of use. Even better it’s open source software which is entirely free. Genesis is what I use to get the look of my websites right. These are paid themes but they are robust, perform well and there is a wide variety to choose from, so you can usually find something you like.
2. Vidahost: This is where I purchase my domain names and host my sites. No problems to date so very happy with the decision to move to them.
3. ConvertKit: This is the email provider I use to send out my newsletter, they have been perfect for me as you can easily tag people and therefore it’s much easier to make sure people are getting the right information. I also find they have great deliverabiliy rates, always important.
4. Clicky: Keeping tabs on your analytics is super important. I prefer to use Clicky as I find the dashboard super easy to read and therefore totally accessible to get the data I need to help me improve my marketing. They have free and paid options.
5. Smarterqueue: Smarterqueue has seen my social media engagement and post visibility rise, largely because you can recycle evergreen content. There is a free 30 day trial available.
7. Penzu: If you want a place to journal online then my top pick is Penzu. Both free and upgraded accounts available.
8. Asana: All my to-dos and planning go into Asana and it has proved an excellent way to keep on track. There is an upgraded version but I only use the free one.
9. Pro Writing Aid: If you want to run your blog posts and sales pages through a quick check to see if they need any edits made then my go-to tool is Pro Writing Aid.
I hope you enjoy the list, and if you have any recommendations of your own, please do leave them in the comments section below.